This technical qualification has been developed in collaboration with employers and businesses so that the content meets the needs of industry and prepares you for work. T Levels will offer you a mixture of classroom learning and ‘on-the-job’ experience during an industry placement of at least 315 hours (approximately 45 days). They will provide the knowledge and experience needed to open the door to skilled employment, further study, or a higher apprenticeship within the related field.
This course is aimed at anyone with a desire to pursue a career in the media, broadcast, and production sector.
Students will develop an understanding of a broad range of issues relevant to the sector, including:
- Core element 1: The creative economy The different creative and non-creative industries that form part of the creative economy and the responsibilities of creative roles
- Core element 2: The individual in the creative industries The types of attributes and skills required from individuals working in the creative industries
- Core element 3: Cultural context and vocabulary The influence of social, political, technological, and economic factors on culture and creativity
- Core element 4: Audience Key factors and importance of audience and customer research
- Core element 5: Legislation/regulation Key features of legal and regulatory requirements affecting the creative industries and implications of non-compliance
- Core element 6: Professionalism and ethics The principles of professional codes and standards and how they are applied within the creative industries
- Core element 7: Equality, diversity, and inclusion The key features of legislative and regulatory requirements in relation to equality, diversity, and inclusion within creative industries
- Core element 8: Research skills Common sources of knowledge and their importance in supporting research
Options to Specialise
In addition to the core content, each student will also complete at least one module of occupation-specific content.
The specialisms available in the Media, Broadcast, and Production T Level are:
- Events and venues technician