During their study programme at Suffolk New College our learners will have the exciting opportunity to enhance their learning by a completing subject-relevant industry placement
What does a placement involve?
A typical placement will see a learner spend a minimum of 45 days or 315 hours working for an employer in a role directly relevant to their course.
It will provide them with the opportunity to develop their career choices, get a taste of work and put their learning into practice in the workplace to ensure you finish their course with the skills, knowledge and expertise that employers are looking for and desire.
- Get a head start by working within an industry or sector that you are interested in
- Gain industry-specific skills and further your knowledge outside of College
- Get crucial real-world experience on your CV
- Finish your course knowing you have the qualifications, technical skills and experience employers are looking for
- Progress onto an apprenticeship, full-time employment, or university
- Solve skills shortages and help grow and develop future talent
- Cost-effective recruitment and create a stream of new employees
- Demonstrate community spirit and boost corporate reputation by giving back to local young talent
- Shape the direction of local education within your industry
- Up-skill existing workforce with mentorship and training opportunities
Contact the Work Placement team
If you are an employer and would like to offer an industry placement to our learners or a student looking to do work experience, please get in touch.