Suffolk New College is a fantastic place to work, to learn, to have fun and to progress your career. We have a great community spirit and have developed cultural values which define the way we work and the environment we choose to work in.
Who we are
With around 650 employees, we have a diverse and talented community of professionals across curriculum delivery and our business support functions such as Facilities, IT, Marketing, Student Services and Human Resources.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer and we actively promote our commitment towards equality and diversity through our recruitment and selection practices.
Benefits, recognition and wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlements including special Christmas closure days
- A Teachers’ Pension or Local Government Pension
- A comprehensive and supportive induction programme
- Occupational sick pay on completion of three months service
- Family-friendly policies and practices
- Free eye tests for computer users
Why join our team?
Allocated time for Continued Professional Development
A competitive salary with annual incremental progression within your salary band
Trained counsellors provide a 24-hour support service for staff and family members
Education & Learning
Access to 25% off tuition fees at the University of Suffolk and 50% off our Leisure Learning courses
Our offers and oppourtunities include
- Suffolk New You- our bespoke wellbeing programme for staff provides information, advice and activities to promote and improve physical, mental, emotional, social and financial health wellbeing.
- Suffolk New College Confidential Counselling Service- trained counsellors provide a 24-hour support service for staff and family members.
- Discounts and Offers- on sports memberships, retail outlets, cinema and restaurants in the local area and online.
- TOTUM (NUS Extra)- eligibility for a brilliant student discount scheme, offering money off at a number of nationwide shops, restaurants and much more.
- ‘Bike2Work’- Cycle to Work Scheme- save money on the cost of bicycles and equipment, whilst improving your lifestyle and reducing your environmental footprint!
- Education and Learning – access to 25% off tuition fees at the University of Suffolk and 50% off our Leisure Learning courses
- Opportunity to be involved- staff groups such as the Staff Forum, Sustainability Group and Peer Supporters Group
- As part of our new teacher package, we can support you to achieve a teaching qualification whilst working at the College. There are two options either a PGCE or Certificate in Education, the route will depend on your prior qualifications, both are delivered on-site by our Teacher Development Team and in partnership with the University of Suffolk.
- You can also achieve a teaching qualification through a one year full time course with a teaching placement at the college, for further details please contact Markus Copping.
For more information and to apply, click on the vacancy of your choice, alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01473 382801.
Please note, once you have submitted your application, we will contact you following the closing date, should you be shortlisted. If you do not hear from us then please assume you have not been selected.
Suffolk New College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, please click here to view our Safeguarding Policy. All appointments are subject to pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check.