This is a useful one-day course at Suffolk Rural for anyone wishing to use a chainsaw safely.
This course will look at basic chainsaw maintenance for domestic use and will cover:
- Safety and awareness
- Sharpening of the saw
- File size
- Basic cross cutting techniques
You will need to bring: Chainsaw boots, Chainsaw and tools, Personal Protective Equipment, Firstaid box, Whistle (must be of the pealess variety)
Please note: You are responsible for ensuring that your fitness is suitable for safe use of machinery. The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) provide guidance on the use of chainsaws.
Certain medical conditions may affect the ability of a person to operate a chainsaw safely. Seek further medical advice if prospective operators have any condition affecting, eg their:
- Mobility (eg arthritis, stroke)
- Alertness (eg diabetes or alcohol/drug dependency)
- Physical strength (eg heart conditions)
- Vision (which cannot be corrected by glasses or contact lenses)
- Manual dexterity/grip strength (eg vibration white finger)
- Balance (eg vertigo, giddiness or epilepsy)
- The above is not reproduced in its entirety, but extracted from HSE – Chainsaw At Work – INDG317(rev2), published 01/13
Enrolment End Date: Please note that the enrolment for this course closes 3 working days prior to the start of the course. Unfortunately it is not possible to process late enrolments after that point.
Refreshments and lunch will be available to purchase at the College refectories. Alternatively you may wish to bring your own refreshments and packed lunch if preferred.
Course timings: 09:00 – 16:00
Course cost: £160