UAL Level 2 Diploma in Performing Arts

UAL Level 2 Diploma in Performing Arts

Subject Area: Performing Arts

Course Overview

This programme of study provides you with the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge relevant to the performing arts profession. The qualification units enable you to experience a range of the performing arts including: acting, dance, musical theatre, technical theatre and the performing arts business. The study programme culminates in a final Showcase which draws together all the course elements.

All students who have not achieved a grade C or grade 4, or above in GCSE English or maths or both will need to study an English or/and maths qualification alongside their chosen main qualification.

Click here for career pathways.

Take a 360° virtual tour of your learning environment - Film Theatre | Dance Studio | Performance Studio

  • Start Date: Sep, 2018
  • Attendance: Full-time
  • Duration: 1 Year
  • Course Code: DPF92F0

Entry Requirements

4 GCSEs at grade D (grade 3) including English Language/ Level 1 functional skills English, audition and suitable reference.

Course Highlights

The level 2 Diploma in Performing Arts allows students to experience all aspects of the performing arts world.

Through performances and academic work, students have the opportunity to develop their skills and discover new talents.

You will also be able to show off the new skills you have learnt by taking part in a final Showcase towards the end of the year.

Next Steps

85% of our level 2 Performing Arts students progressed to study at Level 3 Extended Diploma, while the remaining 15% went into full time employment within the Performing Arts Industry.

Tuition Costs

No tuition fees are payable for students aged 16 – 18 on 31 August 2018.

For all students aged 19+ please contact 

Details regarding fee remission and Advanced Learner Loans can be found at 

Additional Costs

Trips and Visits – £40.00 is payable at the start of the year

Timisha Grant - UAL Level 2 Diploma in Performing Arts

The course helped develop my confidence and my dance skills. There were lots of opportunities to perform and the course gave me a great insight into the Performing Arts world.