The course will introduce you to working in the healthcare sector during year one, and in the second year of the course, you will have the chance to choose an occupational specialism, making it ideal if you know that you want to follow a particular career in the health sector.
Possible choices in year two will either be;
- Supporting the Therapy Teams – a great starting point for anyone interested in a career as a physiotherapist, speech and language therapist, occupational therapist, or other therapy team healthcare professional.
- Supporting the Adult Nursing Team – great starting point for anyone interested in a career as a nurse or healthcare professional.
Supporting the Midwifery Team – a great starting point for anyone interested in a career as a midwife or midwifery healthcare professional.
You will learn about the use of technology in the healthcare sector and the importance of good scientific and clinical practice. There is also a focus on the provision of person-centered care.
The core modules consist of:
- Providing person-centered care
- Health and well-being
- Further science concepts such as anatomy and physiology
- Health and safety
- Healthcare sector
- Infection prevention
- Managing personal information
You will have the opportunity to attend talks from visiting experts and guest speakers covering topics such as regulations and the cultural needs of patients. We work with healthcare professionals to enable you to speak to them about the careers paths and the different specialisms that exist within the NHS.