This study programme gives you a broad knowledge and understanding of welding and fabrication techniques used within the engineering sector. Carrying out practical activities in a realistic workshop environment, you will learn a range of welding and material joining techniques. Classroom-based theoretical units are delivered by highly qualified and experienced lecturers, who will support you in learning to both work safely and effectively, and to make efficient use of resources and materials. You will need to pass all practical and theoretical elements of the programme to achieve this nationally recognised qualification.
The study programme includes the following units:
- QFWE2/001N Understanding Statutory Regulations
- QFWE2/002N Interpreting Engineering Data
- QFWE2/003N Working Efficiently & Effectively
- QFWE2/004N Manual Metal Arc Welding Process
- QFWE2/005N MIG/MAG Welding Process QFWE2/033N Using Gas Cutting Equipment