You will be awarded the CAVA Access to Higher Education Diploma in Science.
The study programme is designed for those who wish to progress onto a degree programme, and students must be aged 19+ at the time of enrolment.
This study programme in total contains 60 credits, 45 credits at Level 3 and graded Pass, Merit or Distinction and 15 at Level 3 graded at Pass or Ungraded. There are 9 credits in Chemistry, 12 credits in Biology, 6 credits in Biochemistry and 9 credits in Psychology. There will also be a 3 credit unit in Physics and 6 credits for a Research Project.
The Biology units include:
- Human systems and Exchange and Transport in the Human Body
- The Chemistry units include: Biochemistry, Chemical Principles and Chemical Basics, and Atomic Structure and Controlling Chemical Reactions
- The Psychology units include: Health Psychology and Psychological Research Methods
- The Physics unit will be Radiography based
- There will also be a subject-based Research project
There will be additional study skills units in HE Study Skills, Ethics and Introduction to Critical Thinking. A variety of assessments are used; including essays, posters, case studies, presentations, exams, and portfolio evidence. You will be in College for 2 days for the Access to HE Diploma, plus half a day for English or maths.
What careers can I go into if I complete the access Science course?
- Adult and Paediatric Nursing
- Paramedic Science
- Operating Department Practice
- Physiotherapy and many more
For further information on CAVA click http://www.cava.ac.uk/