This T level is a two-year, technical study programme, designed with employers to give you the skills that the industry needs.
This T Level will provide a mixture of technical knowledge in Engineering, Manufacturing, Processing and Control
- Year 1: Engineering Core
- Year 2: Occupational Specialism (Fitting and Assembly Technologies)
- an industry placement of 315 hours in the relevant industry or occupation (throughout)
The core of the programme will require at least 3 days between Monday to Friday at the College studying your technical skills and 2 day each week within an industry placement.
Some employers may want to have a block placement, and therefore in such cases, the industry placement days may be accommodated throughout the academic year and in negotiation with an employer.
This programme focuses your skills and knowledge for working in within engineering manufacturing. As part of the programme, you will study the following skills and knowledge:
- Processes of production and manufacturing
- Materials used in production, manufacturing fabrication environments
- Specialist machinery utilised in the production and manufacturing environments
- Product and project management
- Quality assurance and quality control
- Fitting and assembly technologies