The RHS certificates are ideal for those looking for a career change, professional horticulturists, casual learners seeking a part-time course and budding allotmenteers!
To gain the RHS Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Horticulture (Theory), you will need to successfully complete the following certificates;
- RHS Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Plant Growth, Propagation and Development (Option A)
- RHS Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Garden Planning, Establishment and Maintenance (Option B)
These certificates will follow on from each other. Option A will run from September to February and Option B will run from February to June.
To study these certificates, you will be required to attend college for 1 day per week for a full academic year.
The RHS certificates on offer at our Suffolk Rural (Otley) campus are:
- RHS Level 2 Certificate in Practical Horticulture
- RHS Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Garden Planning, Establishment and Maintenance
- RHS Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Plant Growth, Health and Applied Propagation
If all three certificates are studied and you successfully complete these, then you will be awarded with the RHS Level 2 Diploma in the Principles and Practices of Horticulture.
There is the opportunity to study for the RHS Level 2 Certificate in Practical Horticulture. This would require an additional day at the campus.
For further information, click here.
You will be required to study additional material from home and will have access to online support via a google classroom. Additionally, there will be a requirement to attend 2 exam support days which will be held on a Saturday (in January and May).
Each module is assessed by an RHS set examination in February and June.