A 10-week course covering a range of techniques, including slab building, pinching, coiling, press moulding and tile making, using a variety of clays such as earthenware and stoneware clay, as well as decorating techniques, for example, slip decoration, paper resists, using underglaze and oxides.
Whether you are a novice or an expert, this course can be tailored to your needs.
- Health and safety in the workshop
- An introduction to clay and materials
- What they will need to provide for the course (toolbox, tools etc.)
- The cost of clay will be by clay weight
A range of hand-building techniques, including:
- Slab building
- Making tiles
- Using press moulds
- Sprig Details and application
- Slip decoration/ underglazes
- Glazing, Brush on glaze and dip glazing
You will need to bring:
- A toolbox containing some basic tools for beginners
- 13 Pcs Pottery tools from AMAZON (to include wooden pottery tools for modelling clay, metal and rubber kidney, cheese wire and sponges)
- Sketchbook and pencils
- Old clothing, overalls or apron
- Closed-toe boots or shoes
- Materials will be discussed in detail during the first week
Timings: 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Course cost: £180
Enrolment End Date: Please note that the enrolment for this course closes 3 working days before the start of the course. Unfortunately, it is not possible to process late enrolments after that point. Refreshments are available from the vending machines on the campus which include both hot and cold drinks.