UAL L3 Extended Diploma in Creative Practice: Art, Design & Communication (Pathway Photography).
This exciting 2-year creative study programme is comprised of 6 UAL units, which cover everything you need to know about photography and how to become a photographer.
There is a strong vocational emphasis on technical understanding with a wide range of industry-standard equipment and editing software. Your contextual awareness as a photographer and visual artist will be explored through many creative assignments.
In the first year of study, you will explore:
- Cameraless & 35mm film processing and printing
- Introduction to Photoshop and Lightroom Studio Techniques
- Experimental Photography
- Landscape photography
- Documentary portraiture
- Commercial photography
- Fashion photography
- Magazine design using InDesign
In the second year, you will explore advanced techniques including:
- 4×5″ (large format) and 120mm (medium format) film processing and printing
- Studio techniques
- Advanced Practice using Photoshop and Lightroom
- Zine and Bookmaking
- Marketing Tools
- Ethical & Sustainable values
You will be encouraged to start exploring your interpretations of photography by designing projects with your parameters guided by your tutors. An ideal applicant is an energetic, committed, enthusiastic, and creative individual with aspirations of a career in the creative industry.