The RHS certificates are ideal for those looking for a career change, professional horticulturists, volunteers in Estate gardens ,casual learners seeking a part-time course and budding allotmenteers!
On studying the RHS Level 2 Certificate in Practical Horticulture, you will learn a wide variety of horticulture techniques such as:
- Collecting and testing soil samples
- Propagating from seed and cuttings
- Maintain a range of plants
- Soil cultivation
- Pest and disease management
- Lawn maintenance and Renovation
- Plant identification
To study this certificate, you will be required to attend college for 1 day per week for a full academic year.
The RHS certificates on offer at the Suffolk Rural campus at Suffolk Rural are:
- RHS Level 2 Certificate in Practical Horticulture
- RHS Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Plant Growth and Development
- RHS Level 3 Certificate In Practical
If these two certificates are studied and you successfully complete then you will be awarded with the RHS Level 2 Certificate in the Principles and Practices of Horticulture.
You will be required to study additional material from home and will have access to online support via a google classroom.
Each module is assessed by an RHS external set practical examination in February and June.