Approx. duration: 36 months
Start Date: September
Attendance: One day a week at the Ipswich Campus
- Individual employers will set their selection criteria for applicants.
- Apprentices need to be employed for a minimum of 30 hours a week and have a contract of employment.
- Entry onto the Apprenticeship is subject to a thorough skills scan assessment to clarify course suitability.
- Entry onto the Apprenticeship is subject to 4 GCSEs including Maths and English 9-3/A-E or Functional Skills Level 1. Apprentices must achieve Functional Skills Level 2 in English and/or Maths if they have a GCSE grade below a Grade 4 or C.
- BTEC Level 3 Construction and the Built Environment
- NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Built Environment Design
- English and Maths (if required) to achieve Level 2
End-point assessment: Delivered by NOCN (National Open College Network)
Advancing beyond the Level 3 Apprenticeship may open doors to roles such as Construction Design Manager, Construction Quantity Surveyor, Construction Site Manager, and Civil Engineering Site Manager. This standard has been crafted to install ample competency, fundamental knowledge, and comprehension of the designated job roles, enabling apprentices to fulfil the criteria of the Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) or similar industry-related schemes.
Apprenticeships are work-based training programmes designed around the need of both the Apprentice and their employer.
The role is to produce detailed solutions to achieve the optimum performance of built environment projects via digital models and presentations using software, sketches and electronic visualisations. The apprentices will typically support Digital Engineers or other functional specialists in completing complex tasks using digital engineering techniques, specifically:
- Virtualisation and simulation of design, construction and management of assets
- Digital measurement of design, production and management of assets
- Communication of complex engineering principles to stakeholders digitally
- Integration of construction data and information throughout the whole life cycle of the asset
- Adherence to the standards and regulation of digital information