March 2023 Important update for college-run bus routes to and from Suffolk Rural
** The information below relates to travel from September 2023 **
The College is currently out to tender for the following bus routes:
- RC1 – Thorrington via Colchester
- RC3 – Leiston via Saxmundham
- RC5 – Bures and Sudbury, via Hadleigh
- RC6 – Clacton via Manningtree
- RC7 – Felixstowe via Woodbridge
Why is this happening now?
The reason we are out to tender is because we are at that point in the contracts cycle where we are required to do so.
What does this mean?
(1) For routes RC3 and the RC5 we are out to tender for the existing routes
(2) For routes RC1, RC6 and RC7, we are out to tender for the existing routes and / or for a potential shuttle bus option that would run to and from Suffolk Rural via the Old Cattle Market Bus Station (Ipswich) and the main Railway Station (Ipswich).
When will the outcome be known?
The College has had to set tight timescales in accordance with tender legislation and guidance. We will know the outcome by early May 2023 and will publish the outcome and future arrangements at that point.
When can applications for transport on these routes be made?
Once the outcome is known we will publish updated timetables and details of how applications for transport can be made and paid for (including through college bursary as applicable in accordance with eligibility criteria).
We appreciate that this update may worry you. Please be reassured that there will be transport available, we just do not know exactly what it will look like at this current time.
We are available to answer any queries you might have in the meantime, though, so that we can further reassure you:
We know how important it is to get transport in place, and so please do contact us, or come along to a Taster Event.
No query is too small – please get in touch if you would like to speak with a member of staff.