This introductory programme of study has been designed to give students a general introduction to a broad range of construction skills. Practical activities are completed in fully-resourced workshops led by highly competent and qualified staff.
Students will study technical units to develop skills and knowledge associated with construction, to prepare them for further study in particular construction trades.
The programme includes:
- Carpentry Joints, Door Ironmongery, Architrave & Skirtings
- Brickwork & Block work
- Painting & Plastering
- Functional Skills Maths and English
- Health & Safety
- Construction Technology and Technical Information Customer Relationships
Mandatory Theory unit(s):
- Handle and store construction materials and components
- Fix construction components
- Mix construction materials
- Cut, lay and fix construction components
- Apply finishing materials
- Set out for construction components
Synoptic practical assignments in:
- Plaster boarding.
- Painting and Decorating.
- Ceramic Tiling.
- Multiple choice unit end tests.
Students must pass all practical and theory elements of the programme to achieve this nationally recognised qualification.