The Level 1 in Hairdressing and Barbering is a fantastic introduction to a career in Barbering.
This 1 year course has an exciting blend of coursework and practical assessments and is designed to support aspiring Barbers to gain the skills to progress onto a Level 2 course. The course focuses on professional skills and behaviours, and offers learners the opportunity to assist in live commercial salon sessions with clients.
The course includes units such as:
- Prepare for hair services and maintain work areas
- Contribute to the development of effective working relationships
- Blow dry hair
- Shampoo and condition hair
- As well as the possibility of optional modules such as:
- Assist with shaving services
- Assist with perming services
- Assist with salon reception duties
- Assist with hair colouring and lightening services
Learners that successfully complete Level 1 in Hairdressing and Barbering with a record of good attendance and professional behaviours and standards will be able to progress onto Level 2 in Barbering, or Level 2 in Hairdressing.