- “The support we receive here at Northgate High School from the school liaison lead, is simply outstanding. Whether delivering to a whole school assembly, small groups, or individuals, we can be sure that our students receive unbiased, clear and aspirational advice and guidance. Having built this relationship with the College, I feel completely confident that I can support this route for many of our students post 16, and they will have a positive and enriching experience of College life.”
Sallyann Flame, IAG Coach, Northgate High School
- “Thank you so much for yet another excellent assembly to Year 11 today. We really appreciate the time you spend working on Stoke’s behalf and working in school with our students to ensure they get the support they need to make the right post-16 choices.
The fact that you are a regular visitor and familiar face to them is hugely influential in motivating our students to attend the open events and taster days, and consequently following this up by making course applications. Crucial to our students' transition to further education is the Year 10 taster day that you organise in the summer term, where our students have the opportunity to participate in several tutorials of their choice at the College.
As a result of this experience, we find that students come into Year 11 with more confidence and focus on their post-16 choices. You work so hard to establish and maintain an excellent working and supportive relationship with our school and our students which makes all the difference.”
Wendy Toogood, Careers Officer, Stoke High Ormiston Academy
- “The school liaison team is absolute essential in terms of bringing to life the options available to young people at Suffolk New College. Not having a designated post-16 provision on site, the School Liaison team have been instrumental in providing innovative and informed assemblies and up-to date information on courses, applications and opportunities available. The additional support in terms of their attendance at information events and drop-in sessions makes them a one-stop shop for the post-16 provision offered by Suffolk New College.”
- Suffolk New school liaison team is essential for Holbrook Academy. Having a familiar friendly link for staff, students and parents at all times for designated post-16 advice and guidance along with up-to date information given through assemblies, drop in's, over the phone and email is imperative to the progression of our students. Suffolk New school liaison team has become an important part of our year 9,10 and 11 students progression from options, to early careers advice, having such a great supporting team is very important to us.
Denise Tinker, Curriculum & Progression Coordinator, Holbrook Academy
- Suffolk New College supports many of our employer and college related Careers events. They offer valuable information to students from Years 8 - 11. Victoria has conducted employer workshops, speednetworking, mock interviews and has welcomed us to Suffolk New College for personal tours on many occasions. We appreciate the relationship we have developed over the years.
Beverley Baker, Careers practitioner & Head of Careers,Thomas Gainsborough School