Art & Design (UAL Level 2 Diploma)

Art & Design (UAL Level 2 Diploma)

Subject Area: Art & Design


Course Information

  • Start Date: Sep, 2021
  • Attendance: Full-time
  • Duration: 1 Year
  • Course Code: 148470
  • Entry Requirements

    3 GCSEs at grade 3 (D) including English and/or maths OR a Level 1 qualification including English and/or maths at Level 1.

    Portfolio interview and suitable reference.

    Course Overview

    This course is based at our Ipswich campus.

    This exciting 1-year creative study programme comprises of 8 UAL Units, which cover a range of Art and Design activities. You develop skills through a spectrum of safe and fun workshops including 3D, Print, Fashion & Textiles, and Graphics, as well as a core drawing programme. Continuous structured assessments allow you to track your own progress with regular supportive feedback offered in the extensive Tutorial programme.

    Functional skills qualifications run alongside the main course of study and are available where required.

    An ideal applicant is an energetic, committed, enthusiastic, and creative individual with aspirations of a career in the creative industries.

    All students who have not achieved a grade 4 (C) or above in GCSE English or maths will need to study these subjects alongside their chosen qualification.

    Take a 360° virtual tour of your learning environment - Drawing studio | Fashion and Textile | Film Theatre | Animation Studio | Photography Studio | Photography Dark Room

    Course Highlights

    Study a variety of artistic subjects both in and out of the classroom as you develop your skills and progress.

    See some of the best art and design projects around as you go on national trips. Learn through first-hand experience as you work on live community projects, as well as taking part in the College’s competitions.

    Talk to local design agencies and find out what the industry is looking for and to help you decide on your future career.

    Core Skills Covered: Creativity | Research | Communication | Patience | Feedback | Evaluating

    Next Steps

    72% of students progressed to level 3 programmes. The remaining 28% have either achieved employment or are seeking employment in the creative industries.

    Art and Design Pathway thumbnail - click for further details

    Tuition Costs

    No tuition fees are payable for students aged 16 – 18 on 31 August 2021.

    For all students aged 19+ please contact Student Support.

    For details regarding fee remission, please visit our Tuition Fees page.

    Additional Costs

    There is a £50 trips and materials payment to cover specialist workshop materials and the national trips programme.

    Sophie King - UAL Level 2 Diploma in Art & Design

    The Level 2 Diploma taught me that the kind of art I’m interested in is valuable and I could have a career in it if I wanted. I can make a living from my illustrations; I thought they were just doodles!