This course is based at our Ipswich campus.
This qualification covers a very wide range of skills and knowledge required for working in the theatrical and Media Make-up Artistry industry.
These are compulsory areas:
· Working in the film, TV and theatre industry
· Create historical hair and make-up looks
· Media make-up creative hair design
· Fashion and photographic make-up
· The creation and presentation of a look book and industry portfolio
· Apply body art
· Camouflage make-up
Optional areas include:
· Cutting and styling techniques for performers
· Avant-guard hair and make-up
· Specialist bridal hair and make-up
· Media Make-up blogging
Whilst studying on this course you will need to work with local employers who will contribute to the knowledge and delivery of training. Employers will provide demonstrations and talks on the industry and where possible work placements will also be provided by the employers. This practically based training is essential preparation for gaining employment in the theatrical and Media Makeup industry, or specialist further study.
All students who have not achieved a grade 4 (C) or above in GCSE English or maths will need to study these subjects alongside their chosen qualification.