This one day course is suitable for some individuals who care for young children in the absence of their parents. This includes Nursery Staff, Nannies, Au Pairs, or parents wanting to learn lifesaving skills. Delivered by paediatric specialists the course will include both theory and practical sessions.
Paediatric first aid certification is dependent on successful continuous assessment. There is no final examination. Those delegates who complete the course will be deemed to have reached the required standard and will be awarded an Aid Training certificate valid for three years, after which time you will need to renew your certification.
A full two day course is also available for those that require this to meet the requirements of the EYFS, Ofsted and the settings own Risk Assessment.
The course takes place between 08:30 and 16:00, and places are limited.
The required syllabus:
- Be able to assess an emergency situation and prioritise what action to take
- Help a baby or child who is unresponsive and breathing normally
- Help a baby or child who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- Help a baby or child who is having a seizure
- Help a baby or child who is choking
- Help a baby or child who is bleeding
- Help a baby or child who is suffering from shock caused by severe blood loss (hypovolemic shock)
Additional elements covered:
- Help a baby or child who is suffering from anaphylactic shock
- Help a baby or child who has had an electric shock
- Help a baby or child with head, neck or back injuries
- Help a baby or child having: a diabetic emergency; an asthma attack; an allergic reaction
Please contact email@example.com for group bookings which can be delivered at either your premises or at Suffolk Rural for 6 to 12 people, dates available on request.
Course timings: 08:30 and 16:00
Course cost: £85