The Level 1 Diploma Art Pathway is designed to provide learners with an interest in Art & Design the opportunity to explore materials, methods and processes such as illustration, drawing from observation, ceramics and printmaking and develop related work-based skills. The qualification is best suited to learners with a strong passion for art who wish to develop their skills and abilities and pursue a career in the creative industries in the future.
The course consists of 7 units:
- Introduction to materials, techniques and processes in art and design.
- Introduction to contextual reference in art and design.
- Introduction to communication skills in art and design.
- Solving 2D creative problems in art and design.
- Solving 3D creative problems in art and design.
- Solving Time Based creative problems in art and design.
- Art & Design Project
Alongside this course you will be required to study Maths, English and Personal Development (PD) as part of your study programme.