The Level 3 Advanced Technical Extended Diploma in Animal Management is a full-time nationally recognised vocational course that is equivalent to 3 A Levels.
This course is suited to you if you are seeking employment in the animal industry or to progress to HE. The course offers you the opportunity to work with a range of animals including dogs, rodents, reptiles and farm livestock.
You must complete 300 hours of work experience in the animal care industry alongside your attendance at college to achieve the full qualification.
Typical placements may include kennels, catteries, pet shops, farms, farm parks, zoos, animal sanctuaries, animal rescue centres and veterinary practices.
The course offers a blend of:
- Task-based learning
- Tutorials/ practical workshops at college
- Field visits
- Work experience
Students may select options in year 2 depending on availability and campus:
- Animal Breeding & Genetics
- Exotics Management
- Principles of Animal Nursing
- Business Management
- Fundamentals of Science
- Principles of Chemistry for Biological & Medical Science
- Biochemistry & Microbiology
- Investigative Project
- Retail Merchandising
- The practice of Wildlife Population Surveys
- Ecology & Conservation
- Estate Skills
- Wildlife Management & Rehabilitation
- Zoological Animal Health & Husbandry
- Aquatics Management
- Kennel & Cattery Management
- Pet Shop Management
- Dog Grooming
- Animal Collections
- Farm Livestock Husbandry