Head of Hair, Beauty, and Early Years
Range between £41,010 & £47,253 per annum
35 hours per week (includes some teaching hours)
This is an excellent career opportunity to join the management team at Suffolk New College. This role will require you to lead on the operational and strategic aspects of the Hair, Beauty, and Early Years curriculum areas, as well as our commercial Hair & Beauty salons, The Zone (Ipswich) and Aura (Halesworth).
Working closely with the Director, you will pro-actively support, lead and develop staff to deliver an exceptional student experience.
You will therefore need to be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent people management and development skills;
- Expertise in the curriculum areas of the role and have experience of working with young people aged 14+;
- Ability to build and develop sustainable relationships with employers and external agencies;
- Creative and innovative approaches, which deliver an exceptional student experience and student outcomes.
- A financially sustainable and viable commercial operation for The Zone (Ipswich campus) and Aura (Halesworth Campus), Suffolk New College’s Hair and Beauty salons.
As part of this role you will also be required to undertake some teaching hours, therefore you should also be able to demonstrate proven teaching expertise in a related subject area and a profile of grade 1 or 2 lesson observations.
You should also hold a relevant degree or professional qualification, maths and English at level 2 or equivalent alongside a teaching qualification at level 5.
This post is based at Suffolk New College Ipswich Campus. However Suffolk New College is a multi campus site and the Head of Hair, Beauty, & Early Years is required to work at and travel between campuses to support and manage our salons (The Zone, Ipswich campus; and Aura, Halesworth campus).