Head of Finance
Within the range of £46,779 to £55,053 per annum
We are looking to appoint a knowledgeable and forward-thinking individual to join the College as Head of Finance. The Head of Finance will report and work closely with the Deputy CEO on financial planning and forecasting. The post holder will ensure the legal and statutory requirements placed on the College achieve full compliance. The Head of Finance will provide leadership in maintaining and developing a strong financial position and robust framework of financial controls, ensuring strong management of all resource utilisation to maximise efficiency and value for money.
The Head of Finance will manage the Finance Team to ensure that the following key priorities are delivered:
- Processing of financial transactions relating to income and payments are delivered effectively and efficiently.
- Financial procedures and controls are effective and maintained.
- Management accounts are timely, accurate and meaningful.
- Financial accounts are delivered on time and accurately.
- Financial services to the college departments are delivered effectively and efficiently.
- Manage financial audits and contribute to reviews of KPIs and performance.
- Attend meetings as required.
The successful candidate will be a professionally qualified Accountant, with significant relevant experience of the finance function, preferably gained within the education sector or within complex organisation.
This main base for this post is the Ipswich Campus, however Suffolk New College is a multi-campus, therefore you will be required to work at and travel between campuses.